Subscribe to Get Prostate Cancer News

Donate Appreciated Stock

If you have owned stock for at least one year and it has increased in value, you can donate that stock to Us TOO without having to pay capital gains on the increase. Additionally, there is an income tax charitable deduction equal to the full current market value of the securities. In order to receive the most favorable tax treatment, you must donate the securities to Us TOO directly; you cannot sell the stock and donate the proceeds.

To donate appreciated stock:

  1. Request a charitable stock transfer authorization form from your Custodian (e.g. Charles Schwab)
  2. Complete and enter the following DTC number for Us TOO: 0015
  3. Return the completed form to the Custodian
  4. Contact Amy Woods, Us TOO Development Director, to notify her of your gift:


Thank you for your donation to help Us TOO provide educational resources and support services to the prostate cancer community at no charge.