||Us TOO International, the prostate cancer support organization, is seeking qualified individuals to serve on its Board of Directors.
Consistent with Us TOO’s purpose and mission, the Board is made up of individuals who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, a member of such a man’s family or significant other, or any person involved in or interested in support or treatment of such patients.
Prostate cancer strikes more men than breast cancer does women each year, and is second only to lung cancer in annual cancer deaths of U.S. men. The Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education & Support Network is the first and largest nationwide prostate support, education and awareness organization
(www.ustoo.org), with more than 300 local chapters.
The Board Membership Committee will submit recommendations for members
annually at the December Board meeting.
- Applicants for the Us TOO Board should have a willingness to commit the time, energy and expertise to participate in Board meetings each quarter, and to serve on Us TOO Board committees and participate in committee activities throughout the year.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on their demonstrated possession of one or more of the following important competencies: Fundraising experience; an ability to communicate with and influence key stakeholders and public officials and to influence public opinion; strong financial skills.
It is desirable that candidates for the Us TOO International Board of Directors also possess one or more of the following attributes:
- High level leadership or executive experience in a business or educational organization
- Knowledge of or ties to the medical field
- Financial background and expertise
- Diversity of experience, background, gender and ethnic origin
- Experience in advocacy and presenting legislative matters
- Committed physician with ties to cancer treatment
- Us TOO Chapter leader or a very active participant in a chapter
Letters of nomination with a vita or resume should be sent to Thomas Kirk, President and CEO, Us TOO International, 2720 S. River Road, Suite 112, Des Plaines, IL 60018 or e-mail